Reports To: Executive Director & Managing Counsel
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours: Part Time 20-30 Hours Per Week (until July 1, 2020), Full Time 40 Hours Per Week (after July 1, 2020), Some evenings and weekend events may be required
Justice For Our Neighbors of the Delaware Valley (JFON-DV) provides immigration legal services to low-income immigrants and refugees in Southeast Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Peninsula Delaware, especially those who are most vulnerable, rural farmworkers. It was founded in 2019 to develop a practical response to the legal challenges immigrants face in the U.S. As a community-based 501(c)(3) organization (pending) located in Philadelphia, PA, JFON-DV expects to provide low-cost and no-cost immigration legal services to hundreds of low-income immigrants and refugees of all faiths and nationalities in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Through direct services and collaborative strategies, JFON-DV will empower immigrants to build their own capacity and resources to become more self-sufficient, stable, and independent. In addition to direct legal services, JFON-DV educates community leaders, organizations, and potential clients through presentations about immigration law and policies.
JFON-DV is an equal opportunity employer. JFON-DV does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Position: JFON-DV is seeking a part-time to full-time development associate (Associate) to grow its fundraising and communications capacity in order to expand its immigration legal services to serve more clients. Associate will be the point-person for fundraising, brand development, grant writing, and constituent communications for JFON-DV. Associate will report to the Executive Director & Managing Counsel (EDMC).
Fundraising and Development
- Together with the development committee, develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Develop, implement and track the development plan to achieve the organization’s financial goals.
- Successfully implement current and new fundraising campaigns throughout the year.
- Steward current donors to ensure renewal and identify prospects who can be cultivated to support the organization through sponsorship, unrestricted and programmatic gifts (includes implementation of cultivation and recognition activities/events for sponsors).
- Work closely with the EDMC to identify and solicit new potential donors.
- Fully utilize the donor management system including creating regular reports and analyzing donor/donation analytics.
- Oversee donation entry, accuracy of database and donor appreciation and acknowledgement letters.
- Provide quarterly fundraising reports to the development committee and board.
- Serve as a member of the development committee which meets monthly.
- Assist the operations director with grant proposals when necessary.
- Work with the development committee to plan and implement new fundraising events.
- Be available several evenings or weekends during the month for fundraising events or committee meetings.
- Be willing to travel to other parts of PA, NJ, DE and/or MD if needed for fundraising/development events.
- Work closely with the volunteer coordinator to thank and further engage volunteers.
- Regularly attend outside fundraising and development workshops and partner meetings to expand fundraising efforts.
- Maintain ongoing relationships and communications with JFON-DV fundraising partners.
- Develop and implement new fundraising strategies directed at former clients.
- Expand development efforts to include corporate giving.
- Explore potential funding streams (foundations, major donors, individuals, corporations, government, etc.), as well as new or creative funding partnership opportunities (sponsorships, advertising, awards etc.).
Marketing and Communications
- Convey the mission, vision, and impact of the work of JFON-DV in a compelling manner.
- Develop and send out monthly e-newsletter about program successes, opportunities and events.
- Work closely with the marketing committee to manage development communications through social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and the website in order to grow online development communications.
- Fully implement the marketing plan and develop new marketing materials in order to grow the brand and visibility of JFON-DV in the community.
- Develop new development communications strategies to support the growth of JFON-DV throughout PA, NJ, DE and MD.
- Regularly interview former clients and take pictures for success stories.
- Identify and work with volunteers to create video clips and YouTube videos featuring the work of JFON-DV.
- Manage all development and marketing/communications volunteers and interns, including committee members, writers, designers, photographers, filmmakers, and donations entry volunteers.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising strategies and implementation.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, ethics, and trends in fundraising.
- Experience with successfully carrying out large and small-scale fundraising events.
- Proven track record of work in the development field around donor cultivation, stewardship, tracking, and prospecting.
- Commitment to the mission and culture of JFON-DV.
Skills Needed To Perform The Job:
- Self-sufficiency and willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, precision, accuracy.
- Professional demeanor.
- Enthusiasm and dependability.
- Strong community connections in PA, NJ and/or DE and willingness to build new relationships.
- Competency with technology.
- Ability to flourish in a challenging, but community-driven, environment.
- Flexibility, creativity, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
To Apply, please contact Mark Salvacion.