Reports to: Lead Pastor
Directly Supervises: All music staff and volunteers
Status: Part Time (20 hours/week)
The Director of Worship is a servant leader responsible for assisting the Church in evaluating, planning, and conducting a comprehensive music ministry with excellence that helps fulfill our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. S/he shall oversee all music staff of the church and work under the direction of, and be responsible to, the Lead Pastor.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians into Christian life.
- Love and respect for all people.
- Attested musical skills and competence in various instruments (piano and bells preferred).
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Minimum five years experience in church related setting.
- Degree in music preferred.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders, musicians and all choirs.
- Coordinate all music ministries of the church with excellence.
- Oversee all music aspects of both the traditional and contemporary worship
- Manage music recording and sound engineering for online worship
- Conduct rehearsals and performances of the Chancel Choir.
- Conduct rehearsals and performances of the hand-bell choir (September to June.)
- Rehearse occasionally with other ensembles or soloists.
- Additional services and events that are part of base pay may include choir concerts, recitals, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise service, two Christmas Eve services, etc. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with the concurrence of the Pastor.
- Oversee that accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and weddings is provided.
- Restart, recruit, train, and direct the junior choir (Joyful Singers).
- Hold monthly supervisory meetings with music staff.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Interact regularly with Worship Committee and attend monthly meetings.
- Report monthly to the Lead Pastor.
Salary and Benefits
- This position is part-time (20 hours per week)
- The Director will be paid bi-monthly on the 15th and 30th of the month
Vacation and Leave
- Vacation as per Wesley Church Policy Handbook
- Sick leave as per Wesley Church Policy Handbook
Find out more about Wesley UMC here