Classification: Exempt | Band Description: Specialist | Supervisor: Communications Manager
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Video Producer is responsible for producing video content and managing the media production studio for United Methodists of Greater New Jersey and its vital mission partners. The Video Producer oversees all aspects of production from communication and creativity to lighting, camera angles, editing, and audio mixing.
- Plan, shoot, edit, and publish video so that GNJ teams and mission partners vision is promoted
- Steward the media production studio and all audio/video equipment so that it is a vital resource for United Methodists in Greater New Jersey
- Produce and manage excellent graphic elements so that all GNJ materials are polished, professional, and branded
- Explore new forms of media such as podcasts and live streaming so that more people are reached with effective messages
- Manage and secure outside vendors to support audio and visual needs so that video work is completed in high quality and on deadline
- Serve as a participant or as a project manager for projects as assigned
- Serve as a photographer at events as required
- Assist in GNJ meetings and events
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Identify risks, facts, constraints, and goals when making decisions
- Convert ideas into stories linking GNJ’s mission to action
- Establish strong relationships to incorporate other viewpoints and priorities
- Identify trends in media to keep delivery methods current
- Solid background in bringing visions to life through video content
- Enjoys working with several points of contact
- Communicates creative and production needs efficiently
- Takes initiative to deliver powerful story-telling content from start to finish.
- Strong editing skills on Adobe Creative Suite and/or equivalent
- Deep and current knowledge of video equipment
- Professional use of social video: YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Body of work that includes promotional and documentary video
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or related experience
The position requires occasional evening and weekend responsibilities, extensive travel within Greater New Jersey, and some travel outside the region.
The position works in a hybrid model from the main office located in Neptune, NJ.