United Methodist Women, a national organization, is the policy-making body that manages and oversees the programs and projects of United Methodist Women (UMW). We accomplish this by equipping women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches and to advocate for the oppressed and dispossessed with special attention to the needs of women and children. UMW builds supportive communities among women; engages in activities that foster growth in the Christian faith, mission education, and Christian social involvement, while working for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems while providing educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for United Methodist Women. Duties include welcoming guests and greet people who visit the organization. The Receptionist also coordinates front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. Ultimately, the Receptionist duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Essential Intern Functions (other related duties may be assigned):
- Greets and welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, view visitor badges)
- General clerical support
- Other related duties as assigned
Post-COVID: When UMW Resumes Normal Operations (Additional Duties)
- Assists with SMR orders and distribution
- Assists with Reading Program book distribution
- Organize meeting space availability for tenants and outside groups interested in using UMW’s facility for meetings
- Order food and supplies for Wellness Wednesday activities
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Active Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization Skills, Informing Others
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, front office representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Pleasant personality
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- The ability to speak languages other than English and a sense of humor is a plus
Send Resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org , subject line: RECEPTIONIST CANDIDATE . No phone calls please.