Lake Junaluska Assembly, Inc., Seeking New Executive Director
After leading with excellence through seven years of transition, Jack Ewing, Executive Director of Lake Junaluska Assembly Inc., is retiring December 31, 2017. Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center located in the mountains of western North Carolina. The Executive Director oversees the organization as Chief Executive Officer; maintains and refines the vision as Chief Strategic Officer; builds and maintains strong staff teams, advancement, and communications; and exhibits entrepreneurial and adaptive leadership.
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind, and body. The Board of Trustees of Lake Junaluska Assembly, Inc. welcomes nominations and applications for Executive Director through January 31, 2018. Applicants should describe in a cover letter how their experience and skill sets will further the mission. Please submit cover letter and resume to Rachel Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the job description for more details.
Job Title: Executive Director (Chief Executive Officer)
Supervisor: Lake Junaluska Assembly Inc. Board of Directors
FSLA Status: Exempt
Position Status: Regular/Full Time
Lake Junaluska Assembly is a conference and retreat center located in the mountains of western North Carolina whose mission is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind, and body.
The ideal candidate for Executive Director of Lake Junaluska will:
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and adaptive leadership;
- Oversee the organization as Chief Executive Officer;
- Maintain the focus on the mission, refine the vision, and implement the strategic plan as the Chief Strategic Officer;
- Build and maintain strong staff teams;
- Report to the Board of Trustees, facilitate the planning of Board and committee meetings, and ensure effective fiduciary and good governance decisions;
- Serve as leader alongside the Advancement staff and engage relationships with donors;
- Expand the mission of Lake Junaluska as an outstanding hospitality provider, embrace sustainable business principles, and support the mission of the United Methodist Church;
- Engage the residential aspects of Lake Junaluska through support of the Director of Assembly Public Works;
- Serve as liaison between the Conference Center and the Residential Community;
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for Lake Junaluska with the community, the media, the United Methodist Church, and constituent groups;
- Value extended community relations through board and community involvement in local, regional, and connectional relationships; and
- Serve as steward of the Lake Junaluska brand.