CUMAC is a nonprofit agency located in downtown Paterson operating the largest feeding program in Passaic County, as well as supplementary programs addressing the root causes of hunger. We are in an exciting period of growth and seeking a full-time Executive Assistant who will report to the Executive Director (ED), and support the Executive Team (Assistant ED, Development Director) as well as the Board of Trustees. The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a busy, mission-focused nonprofit office while providing critical administrative support.
- Work directly under the ED to provide administrative support for the Board of Trustees, including sending meeting reminders, collecting and sharing reports for board meetings, posting board documents on Google Drive and attending board meetings when assigned to take minutes and/or provide other administrative support
- Coordinate Google based calendars and shared documents for executive staff and the Board of Trustees
- As the person responsible for a professional and efficient administrative office:
o Lead by example in creating a welcoming presence in the office and on the phone
o Provide support and direction for the day to day operation of a busy office
o Provide training and direction for participants in our job training program assigned to the office on administrative tasks including but not limited to: answering phones, procedures for all incoming/outgoing mail, assisting with filing, copying, mailings and other general office work
o Work with volunteers on a variety of office projects
o Responsible for keeping all legal documents, licenses, inspections current by monitoring expiration dates and reporting to executive team for applications/reports and/or re-certification
o Oversee all office equipment for performance, maintenance and supplies, including but not limited to copiers, printers, computers; Monitor and order office supplies as needed
o Other office needs as they arise
- Under the direction of the Development Director, support CUMAC’s development efforts
o Process thank you letters, honorarium gift acknowledgements, and end of year donation reports
o Help manage the integrity of fundraising database, process gift entries, address corrections, and other data
o Assist with event planning including venue coordination, registration processing, catering, set-up, etc.
o Assist as needed with special projects including backpacks and Wish List (our holiday gift program)
- Under the direction of the AED, provide bookkeeping support in QuickBooks for payment of bills, creating reports and other support as need arises
- Bachelor’s degree with some administrative experience, or a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience
- Recognize the importance of administrative work, and take pride and initiative in performing job tasks
- A demonstrated attention to detail is paramount as incumbent will be required to take direction from varied staff, prioritize and manage projects simultaneously, and follow through on tasks from beginning to end in a timely manner
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher), internet research and social media required, as well as a high degree of comfort learning new programs, including online data management programs; experience working with databases a strong plus
- Congenial personality, ability to communicate and work effectively with coworkers, clients, volunteers and donors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate sound judgment, and to act with discretion required
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English a plus, but not a requirement
- This is a full-time, salaried position; occasional evenings and weekends will be required for events and meetings
- As with all of our staff, a commitment to the mission of CUMAC is strongly desired
This is an exempt, salaried position budgeted at $30,000-35,000 with final salary dependent on candidate’s qualifications and experience. CUMAC offers a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
Email a cover letter (specifically addressing why you think you would be a good fit for this opening and your salary requirements) and resume (both as Word or PDF attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Executive Assistant in subject line. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. CUMAC is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our agency and programs, visit www.cumacecho.org.