GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Editorial Manager is responsible for all content and publication of written communication for United Methodists of Greater New Jersey. This position helps elevate the communication of GNJ by bringing relevant, recent and dynamic content to all publications to recruit and equip transformational spiritual leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
- Manage and create editorial content for all channels so that strategic goals of GNJ are consistent, clear and supportive.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar so that churches and staff get timely communication for conference and denomination materials.
- Produce and distribute written material to support GNJ events and activities for internal and external audiences so that GNJ shares and engages people in its mission.
- Oversee monthly newspaper, editorial content, placement, production, advertising, relationship with printer and mail house, mailing list, freelance writers and photographers, invoicing and billing, design work, distribution and budget so that strategic goals are reflected, production values are excellent and budget ensures GNJ is a good steward of resources.
- Balance and weigh written and visual content to be inclusive of ministries and people in each region and district so that GNJ materials reflect diversity, intercultural competency and theological differences within our conference.
- Manage, curate and track the weekly e-newsletter by producing relevant content and engaging links that reflect the mission, events, updates and important information for GNJ audiences.
- Related communications duties such as social media assistance, photography, podcast co-hosting and representing communications team on project teams.
- Serve as a participant or as a project manager for projects as assigned.
- Assist in GNJ meetings and events.
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Inspire and influence people to achieve challenging goals and positive results
- Convert ideas into stories linking GNJ’s mission to action
- Find and identify patterns and themes while evaluating data to reach conclusions
- Identify trends in media to keep delivery methods current
- Diverse body of work that includes electronic and print publication
- Evidence of collaboration with clients and within an office environment
- Experience supervising others or working closely and or collaboratively with freelancers
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft office suite, e-marketing and social media
- Photography skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or public relations with an emphasis on writing and or reporting
The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel beyond the office. The position works from the main office in Neptune, NJ.
Click here to apply.