- Serves as primary worship leader (vocal/guitar or vocal/piano) for Sunday services and works with additional volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists to lead worship with a focus on encouraging congregational
- Coordinates music for all Sunday worship services, including all service music, congregational hymns/songs, and special music offerings. The Director of Worship will work directly with the Lead Pastor in the crafting of worship services that include a variety of artistic expressions, creative liturgy, and other innovative thematic elements.
- Connects artists and musicians of all skill levels (from within Kingston UMC’s congregation and the broader community) with opportunities to help lead worship and share their creative gifts on Sundays and at special church events (i.e. Revival, Arts Festivals, Open Mic Nights, Holy Week services, )
- Works with the Lead Pastor to craft liturgy and plan music for all holiday services, including but not limited to special Advent services, Annual Christmas Pageant, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Holy Week and Easter
Outline of Weekly Hours
- Sunday mornings (prep, worship, rehearsal): 3-4 hours
- Monthly staff meeting plus supervisory meetings as needed: 1-2 hours/month
- Other responsibilities (administration, planning, pastoral care, etc.): 1-2 hours
Interested persons may apply by sending their resume and a cover letter (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to concerns related to COVID-19, Kingston UMC is currently worshiping online via Zoom, live at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
For more information on Kingston UMC, please visit www.kingstonmethodist.org.