Band Description: Director
Supervisor: Regional Team Leader
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists in Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Director of Resourcing leads and inspires biblical and theological understanding of ministry and mission and grows leadership, vitality and sustainability of congregations. The Director serves with a Regional team to ensure GNJ is recruiting and equipping transformational leaders so that we make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
- In collaboration with laity and clergy and flowing out from GNJ strategic ministry plan and goals, plan, organize and implement with congregations A Journey of Hope plan so that congregations are growing in vitality, and sustainability and working to end the sin of racism.
- Assist with the development of Leadership Academy workshops and facilitate learning and application groups so that GNJ clergy and congregational leaders are equipped to carry out their A Journey of Hope plan.
- Lead the creation of effective toolkits for mission and ministry.
- Champion specific vitality areas and initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in Extended Leadership Team Meetings
- Engage in leadership formation through PaCE, Coaching, and Relay
- Provide Staff Support to GNJ agencies as needed and appropriate
- Serve as a participant or as a project leader for projects as assigned
- Assist in GNJ meetings and events
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Strategic thinking and ability to effectively move thinking to plans, plans to action and action to results
Coaching with clergy and lay leadership
- Develop leadership in others
- Successful leadership in a local United Methodist Church and GNJ elected leadership position
- Five or more years of an effective track record in mission, mercy and justice ministry planning and organizing
- Successfully coordinated large projects, developed and managed a budget
- Knowledge of and skill in leadership development, evaluation, organization, and human resources
- Working with a variety of cultures
Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in any of the areas of theology, education, mission or other church, human and organizational areas
Professional/ Ministry Coaching training preferred
The position requires occasional evening and regular weekend responsibilities, extensive travel within Greater New Jersey, and some travel outside the region. The position works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ