GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
• innovation and risk taking
• excellence in its ministry and service
• compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Database Manager acts as a vital link between the United Methodists of GNJ’s information technology capabilities and its mission and the work of the vital mission partners. The Database Manager contributes to the advancement of the mission by equipping co-workers with the technology and up to date tools needed for communication and data management. The position also provides accurate reporting to the various departments to support informed decision making.
• Provide timely and accurate reports as requested by GNJ staff so that team members have the data necessary to further the mission objectives of the conference.
• Manage the Arena database system so that data is accessible and accurate with uninterrupted service.
• Continue to develop the Arena database to ensure best practices and full utilization. This includes meeting with all departments on a regular basis to ensure that all needs are being met.
• Assist with all IT needs in coordination with our IT Company Kokua Technologies so that everyone is connected and able to do their work, as well as keep up to date with ever changing technology.
• Assist the Treasurer/Director of Admin Services with projects as assigned so that the mission of the United Methodists of Greater NJ continues in accordance with the strategic plan.
• Serve as a participant for projects as assigned
• Assist in GNJ meetings and events
• Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence.
• Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality.
• Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
• Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action.
• Attend to details and deadlines.
• Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly.
• Continue to learn and develop skills.
• Three or more years’ experience in IT and database management
• Experience using CSS, SQL, HTML
• Competent and skilled in MS Office (especially Excel)
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or related experience
The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel beyond the office. The Database Manager works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ.
Click here to apply.