Job Type: Part-Time
Hours: 5 hours minimum weekly
Salary: $800.00 monthly/$9,600.00 yearly
Vacations: Two weeks yearly
As Contemporary Worship Leader, will be responsible for the contemporary worship and music portion of the 8:30 and 10:00 AM Worship Services. This position reports to the Pastor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan contemporary worship and music in coordination with the Pastor and Church Music Director for inclusion in the 8:30 and 10 AM traditional/contemporary blended services.
- Coordinate the development of a contemporary Praise Group.
- Lead the contemporary music program for church activities.
- Be available to attend quarterly Worship Committee meetings.
- Coordinate with church office regarding the contemporary portion of the worship service for inclusion in the Sunday Bulletin.
- Needs to have experience as a contemporary worship musician, and the ability to sing and play piano or guitar.
- Adhere to the theology and values of the United Methodist Church.
- Have a clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ, and our church ministry.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
- Be authorized to work in the United States, and reliably commute to our church location.
- Clean background check in adherence to our Safe Sanctuary Policy.