First United Methodist Church – Collingswood, NJ
Ministry Title: Connections Pastor
Reports To: Senior Pastor
General Purpose: To promote spiritual growth through relationships and ministries of the church.
To equip others to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ who in turn make disciples for Jesus Christ.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate assimilation of guests, new members and members into the life of the church.
- Help foster an attitude of acceptance and understanding regarding new people by the present membership and attenders.
- Conduct hospital, assisted living and shut-in visits.
- Provide pastoral counseling to those directed by the senior pastor.
- Develop and offer connection opportunities for the faith community.
- Provide leadership for the administration of quality care and support initiatives.
- Lead and empower pastoral care volunteers as they provide pastoral care, visitation and hospitality.
- Oversee entry points for visitors and attenders to interact with the congregation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Education and Training
- Minimum undergraduate (bachelor’s level) degree preferably in Bible, Christian leadership or counseling.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years pastoral care experience in a church setting.
- Strong biblical knowledge required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated passion for making and growing disciples for Jesus Christ.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and problem solving skills.
- Passion for helping people discover their spiritual gifts and use them in ministry.
- Must be able to clearly articulate his or her personal faith statement.
- Must be able to affirm the core beliefs as expressed in the “What We Believe” section of the Collingswood FUMC website.
This position is 20 hours per week at $25.00 per hour.