Title: Connectional Ministries Administrative Assistant
Band Description: Administrative Leader
Supervisor: Executive Assistant to the Director of Connectional Ministries
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Administrative Assistant resources the Connectional Ministries Team (CMT), the program team that develops resources and programs of the United Methodist Church of Greater New Jersey. The Administrative Assistant assists the Executive Assistant to the Director of Connectional Ministries to provide administrative support for the projects related to CMT and mission partners so that activities are completed on time, accurately and with excellence.
- Prepare reports so that leadership has timely and accurate information to evaluate programs and make critical mission decisions.
- Coordinate projects by interfacing with the appropriate department teams so that directors can effectively resource clergy and laity to grow in their leadership.
- Support CMT Directors and mission partners with administrative tasks including but not limited to the coordination of logistics and accommodations for events, trainings, workshops, and meetings so that radical hospitality is provided to clergy, laity, board/agency members and external training vendors and directors can provide excellent leadership development initiatives for laity and clergy.
- Prepare correspondences so that clergy and laity have the latest information about resources they are or can be engaged in.
- Serve on the Mission Superintending Team
- Serve as a participant or as a project manager for projects as assigned
- Attend and assist in GNJ meetings and events as needed and appropriate
- Cover phones and provide hospitality at the reception desk as needed
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Prioritize and manage projects
- Break complex tasks into manageable segments
- Continue to learn and develop skills
- Provide gracious hospitality
- Three or more years in an office or similar work environment
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to navigate and learn various database systems
- High school degree with some college or related experience
The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel beyond the office.
The position works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ.
Click here to apply.