Community Youth Director
Morrisville United Methodist Church
Position: Community Youth Director
- Exhibit a passion to bring students into a personal commitment to Christ.
- Able to work with leadership inside the church and in outside community organizations.
- Must be available on Sunday morning and two evenings a week.
- Seminary degree or current student.
- Advanced education in Biblical studies.
General Responsibilities: Work with our Pastor and the Director of Youth Ministries in fulfilling our church vision to partner with the students and their families in the Morrisville community, especially the school. Provide spiritual leadership and Biblical understanding for the students in the MUMC programs.
- Teach in our Junior and/or High School Sunday School program
- Meet with the leaders of outside youth organizations/programs which meet in our facility to foster a spiritual connection for the students involved, and to make connections to MUMC ministries and opportunities for spiritual growth. (i.e.: The Bull Dog Dinners, Teen Voices, Challenge zone, or other new ministries)
- Communicate specific needs the congregation can provide to enhance the current partnerships or create new ones.
- Participate in the youth ministry of our church, as needed and as time permits, as requested by the Director of the Youth Ministries.
- Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- Will work with our Christian Education Director and Director of Youth Ministries
Hours Required: 10-12 hours per week
Salaried Position: $8,000 – $10,000
Employment: Job to begin in mid-August to prepare for the 2017-2018 school year
Please contact: Rev. Wendy Bellis, Sr. Pastor