The Child Day Care Center Director will assume all responsibilities for the planning, and execution of the St. Paul’s Child Care Center. The Center is a mission of St. Paul’s United Methodist Church. As such, the Director must be a member of St. Paul’s or agree to join the church within 6 months of employment. The Director will become a member of the Administrative Board and attend meetings on a bi-monthly basis. The director will also report to the School Board and the school’s designated sponsor/Senior Pastor. The Director must fulfill the educational requirements and job responsibilities below.
- Ensure that all state-required licensing, forms, and policies are completed as required
- Ensure that all training and continuing education required by the State of New Jersey & St Paul’s United Methodist Church is completed.
- Assist the Sponsor and School Board in the Development and written policies and procedures for the staff and operations of the center.
- Train, hire, and supervise staff members to follow state guidelines and ensure they have the skills needed to effectively care for children
- Responsible for ensuring a safe nurturing environment by developing a curriculum that meets the state standards and the needs of all children.
- Manage the facilities’ finances which include budgeting, ordering, and promoting the Center.
- Perform a variety of complex administrative duties including, but not limited to, budgeting, marketing, and record keeping.
One or more of the following:
- Master’s Degree in any field related to children or business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Health Care, Nursing, or any other field related to Child Growth and Development. Also required 1 year of Managerial or Supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any other field not listed above with 9 managerial College credits and 3 years’ experience OR Six credits and 4 years’ experience.
All Directors must
- Complete United Methodist Safe Sanctuary Training
- Complete New Jersey Certified CPR and Defib Training
Shall be scheduled to work at the center for at least 50% of the center’s operating hours.
If interested, please send resumes via email to: email@example.com
St. Paul UMC
714 Herbertsville Road
Brick, N.J. 08724