Title: Benefits Assistant
Supervisor: Insurance and Benefits Services Manager
We recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
Position Summary and Objective:
The Benefits Assistant will assist in administering health and dental insurance plans to a population of 900+ participants in active and retiree plans. The Benefits Assistant will ensure enrollment of eligible participants, engage and address concerns of participants and bill local churches for monthly health insurance expenses. In this role the Benefits Assistant will also aid in processing monthly billing for Property Insurance and Workers’ Compensation Insurance. The position will work with the Insurance and Benefits Services Manager to make sure that participants and local churches are serviced and supported by the appropriate resources in order to recruit and equip transformational leaders so that we can make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
As a result of this position, the following will occur:
Transformational leaders are being recruited and equipped for the GNJ mission
Participants have open communication about resources for insurance plans.
Participants understand their benefits
Health plan and dental insurance carriers have a strong and open relationship with the
Churches and participants will receive monthly billing in a timely manner
Records are updated with accuracy and detailed data.
1. Do the right thing (make decisions and take action for the good of the mission within the values, culture and beliefs of GNJ) to recruit and equip transformation leaders who lead like apostles.
2. Ensure enrollment of participants in health insurance (active and retiree plans) and dental
3. Process monthly billing to local churches for insurance plans which include health, dental,
Property Insurance and annual billing of Workers’ Compensation.
4. Processing of billing changes during appointment season (newly appointed clergy or transferring to another church)
5. Attend conference Board of Pension and Health Benefits meetings and provide resources and updates to the committee as needed
6. Apprise local churches and participants of benefit plan changes
7. Direct local churches to appropriate resources in relation to Property Insurance and Workers’ Compensation.
8. Upkeep of website content relating to all insurance plans
9. Store historical insurance data for the benefits team
10. Remain apprised of benefits changes/updates.
11. Liaison with the conference’s insurance consultant pertaining to health insurance and dental plan issues as needed
12. Other duties as assigned
Christ-centered and Christ-like
Open to listening and learning from the faith experiences of others with
different theological views
Accepting and inclusive of people of other races and cultures
Joyful in spirit
Cooperative, collaborative, committed to the vision, mission, beliefs and values
A person of moral integrity and strong work ethic
Committed to excellence
Ability to work with and manage a variety of tasks at the same time
Ability to organize and complete tasks with short deadlines
Good written, editing and oral communication skills
Comfortable and confident interacting with diverse groups of laity and clergy
A strong planner and communicator
A team player
Planning with the end result in mind
Effective and efficient in performing administrative tasks
Timely in completing tasks
An effective communicator – both written and oral
Proactive in following through
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Travel: The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities, occasional overnight travel to attend meetings.
Office: The position works from 205 Jumping Brook Road, Neptune, NJ.