Classification: Non-Exempt Full Time, Limited Term (24 months) | Band Description: Administrative Leader | Supervisor: Disaster Recovery Coordinator and GNJ CFO/Treasurer
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders tomake disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission,capable of growth and valued.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for documenting and recording financial transactions, managing revenue and expenses, managing accounts payable and receivable, and preparing reports for GNJ’s recovery project. They will be the primary liaison to GNJ’s accounting department, ensuring accurate financial reporting, and monitoring and evaluation of grant awards to meet compliance for a successful Greater New Jersey Ida Recovery. They will seek additional grant opportunities to support Ida recovery.
- Maintain accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, financial entries, and reconciliations using specialized software
- Track income and expenditures
- Document transaction details
- Work closely with staff to prepare and review financial reports to perform grant due-diligence procedures and identify potential concerns
- Manage administration of the grant cycle from award to closing; ensures that general and specific grant requirements are met, and payments are appropriate
- Prepare grant monitoring reports
- Ensure the adherence to grantmaking workflow processes and procedures
- Prepare reports for meetings as requested
- Research, develop and prepare grant proposals
- Participate in appropriate staff and team meetings
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates peopleto action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Strategic thinking and ability to effectively move thinking to plans, plans to action, and action to results
- Understand accounting best practices
- Ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Data entry skills
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills, including grant administration policies and procedures.
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in financial software
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles
- Three plus years of bookkeeping experience
- Three plus years of grant monitoring and evaluation experience
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 3 years in related job experience is required
This position works in a hybrid model from the main office located in Neptune, NJ
Covid-19 Precautions – We adhere to the CDC and State of New Jersey covid-19 orders and guidelines.