The Accountant is responsible for the accounting functions and financial reporting of the Annual Conference and its vital mission partners.
- Performs a multitude of accounting activities including but not limited to maintaining the general ledger, payroll, financial reporting, year-end audits and providing budgeting support so that the excellent stewardship of the conference is exemplified.
- Work closely with the Controller on financial reporting and special projects as needed, so that administrative expectations are met appropriately with excellence.
- Provides accounts receivables and accounts payable support for GNJUMC, AFWH, Next Generation Ministry, Centenary Fund and Foundation as needed so that financial operations of the conference and its vital mission partners run smoothly and efficiently.
- Interface and collaborate with team members across departments so that proper financial resourcing is made available to our local churches and vendors.
- Serve as a participant for projects as assigned
- Assist in GNJ meetings and events
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Three to five years accounting experience in a corporate or non-profit organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent and skilled in Accounting Software
- Moderate to advance knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in accounting principles and guidelines
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred or related finance degree
The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel beyond the office. The position works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ