Chatham UMC seeks a musician for Sunday services and rehearsals as an accompanist/pianist/organist.
Chatham UMC is a congregation of approximately 250 active members with a rich history of quality music in services. Chatham UMC is a teaching church that regularly reaches out to seminarians at nearby Drew University Theological School with opportunities to grow as they discern pastoring or related fields. Styles of worship music include traditional, spiritual and contemporary Christian music along with contemplative and secular music.
Chatham UMC’s 30 rank sanctuary organ was completed in 1963 by the Schantz Co. and refurbished in 2008. The sanctuary also holds a Steinway M grand piano. The music program also maintains seven upright pianos, a Roland electronic keyboard, a 4-octave set of Malmark handbells and assorted teaching instruments.
- Lead hymns and service music at the organ and piano for worship services.
- Support the music director by assisting with utilization of the adult choir, bell choir, praise band, youth musicians, ukulele orchestra, wind ensemble, children’s music and soloists at services.
- Accompany or assist with the music groups
- Thursday evenings 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday mornings 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (two services at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.)
Salary will range from $10,000-$12,000/year.
Accompanist may have the opportunity to perform recitals at the church and will be encouraged to participate in the local musical community.
Interested candidates should contact Peter Hill, Music Director.