A Future With Hope: Childcare Center Forum – Gap Centers
Wednesday, November 4, 2:00 p.m.
Childcare continues to be a great need in our communities and A Future With Hope has been working with state and local officials to resource childcare facilities in our churches and churches who wish to open a temporary childcare facility at this time.
A Future With Hope is hosting its second resourcing forum to discuss GAP Centers for facilities providing care for children receiving remote instructions in NJ public schools. We will be joined by Bishop John Schol and Brian C. Ross, Esq. assistant commissioner for legal, regulatory and legislative affairs for the New Jersey Department of Children and Families.
What is a Gap Center and what will I learn during the forum?
GAP Centers stand for: General Accommodation Program Supervision Childcare Centers
There is an immediate need for childcare centers for school aged children (5-13) who are receiving remote instruction in NJ public school districts.
- GAP Centers provide supervised care for children receiving remote education from a school as a result of the COVID-19 virus.
- GAP Centers are temporary programs that operate during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- There is funding for GAP Centers through 12/30/20. If another stimulus bill is approved, additional funding will be available.
- GAP Centers can operate under the auspices of a qualified, licensed childcare center (Sponsored GAP Center) or be licensed independently as childcare centers (GAP Centers)
- SGAP (Sponsored GAP Center) can operate at a separate location from the sponsoring childcare center and begin operating quickly.
- GAP Centers need to pay a fee and apply for licensure.
Many churches might have space, children and relationships with existing licensed centers. This program is an opportunity for them to earn income by providing supervision for children who are learning remotely.
All are invited, but please register in advance so we know you are joining us.
Click here to join via Zoom
Meeting ID: 958 8338 4772
One tap mobile: +16468769923,,95883384772# US (NY)
Dial by your location: +1 646 876 9923 US (NY)