Helping Haiti, Afghanistan &Refugees in NJ
UMCOR continues to connect our church in mission by being there for people across the world, from Louisiana to Afghanistan to Haiti. Congregations are encouraged to receive offerings to donate toward their relief efforts. Locally, as New Jersey prepares for the arrival of 10,000 refugees, NJVOAD is identifying what is most needed for resettlement.
- For Haiti and Afghanistan, donate through UMCOR International Disaster Response with Advance #982450.
- UMCOR is also partnering with Church World Service (CWS), to assist with refugee resettlement. Those interested in supporting this partnership can make gifts with Advance #3022144. Their focus is on immigrant/refugee populations and they are eager and ready to assist immigrants/ refugees who have been affected by IDA.
- [ON HOLD]To see a list of items needed through GNJ’s Operation Welcome Neighbor, click here.
- For those impacted by Hurricane Ida, donate using Advance #901670.
- To support pro bono legal representation for immigrants and refugees through Justice for Our Neighbors, click here.
- To access Community Sponsorship Webinars from CWS, click here.
As NJVOAD coordinates the relief effort, we may identify other avenues for providing food, transportation or emotional/spiritual care and will share with you.
Please note: As of Sept. 1, accepting items is on hold at this time as government contractors under USAID organize to help refugees. The best way to help immediately will be to donate through UMCOR using the advance special numbers.