Survey links are sent at the beginning of each week in the Essential Actions and Updates email from GNJ Leadership. The surveys will close each week on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. so that we can process the information. Please respond promptly so that your information can be included in decision-making.
Survey Results Updated July 30, 2020
378 churches out of 530 churches responded.
Is your worship attendance up or down from a year ago?
- 38% increase in worship (56% on April 30)
- 30% decrease in worship (18% on April 30)
- 32% the same in worship (27% on April 30)
- 60% have an approved opening plan
- 4% do not have an approved plan
- 36% are working on a plan
In Person Worship
- 22% are holding outdoor services
- 30% have reopened church buildings for worship
- 70% have not reopened
- The average worship attendance for those who have reopened is 30
- 85% of the churches who have reopened are continuing to stream their services.
Plans to Reopen
15% are planning for August
57% are planning for September
25% are planning to open sometime after September
92 churches have child care programs.
27 childcare programs have reopened
Of the 81 child care programs in our churches:
- 48 are run by the church
- 12 are run by an affiliate
- 36 are run by organizations who rent space
Year to date giving in GNJ churches
- 47% The same (39% on April 30)
- 8% Up (11% on April 30)
- 45% Down (50% on April 30)
Congregations who report their giving is down for the year, estimate the loss at $2,359,433.
Congregations are reporting $704,211 in lost revenue from facility rental.
241 congregations report receiving CARES Funding for a total of $6,467,680
40% congregations have submitted their loan forgiveness applications
Congregations concerned about paying clergy salaries and benefits:
- 32% have concerns (40% on April 30)
- 68% are not concerned (60% on April 30)
Congregations concerned about paying church bills:
- 36% have concerns (50% on April 30)
- 64% are not concerned (50% on April 30)
Congregations concerned about paying shared ministry and billables:
- 45% have concerns (65% on April 30)
- 55% are not concerned. (45% on April 30)
- 645 congregants confirmed with the Covid-19 since the pandemic began
- 119 congregants have died from Covid-19 since the pandemic began