Postponed GNJ Events:
- Week of March 30: All events and meetings scheduled for the MRC are postponed or are online.
- Laity Ministry Recognition Awards: The Lay Ministry Recognition Awards and Team Vital Celebration will not take place on March 28 at the MRC. This year’s recipients will be recognized in a different format. Stay tuned!
- Annual Conference Registration: Has been postponed. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
- BoOM Retreat: Postponed to May 20-22. More information to follow.
- June: Tanzania Pastor School
- PaCE Group Anatomy of Peace, April 7, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. via Zoom. Please contact Ashley Wilson for the Zoom information.
Mission and Resource Center Meetings:
- Local Pastor School and the Certified Lay Minister Course for Friday, April 3 and Saturday, April 4, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. will be held by Zoom. For more information contact Juel Nelson.
District Event Updates:
Hope Center Updates:
Local non-profit assistance/Hope Center Assistance
Most of our Hope Centers have suspended their activities but are available to direct persons to other local resources.
The Neighborhood Center, Camden
The Neighborhood Center is suspending all programming for one week and offering bag lunches for their lunch program. They are reassessing as more information becomes available.
The Maker’s Place, Trenton
The Maker’s Place is distributing diapers outside and suspended their requirements for whom must be present to accept diapers.
The Crisis Room, Aldersgate UMC in East Brunswick
The food pantry is open, but the thrift shop is closed. The food is pre-bagged and handed out to registered clients. No new clients or donations are being accepted.
First Friends NJ/NY
All visitation to detention centers have been cancelled. Volunteers can write letters to detained immigrants and First Friends is prepared to accept an increase in phone calls from detained immigrants.
Saint Andrews UMC, Toms River
Saint Andrews UMC in Toms River has cancelled their Nutrition Site for seniors.
Hope Center closed until public school reopen- they have a contact number on their website for those in need.
Vincent UMC, Nutley
Vincent UMC Hope Center has closed until April 11. They are following the actions of a local service organization and asking patrons of their Care Pantry (non food items) to wait outside while a volunteer brings them their items.
CUMAC has a food pantry that is open. Click here to read their blog for updates.
CAMP YDP is closed until April 2 and have provided at home activities for students.
Next Gen Updates:
Youth Leader Zoom Support Calls
Next Gen is hosting one-hour video conference calls for youth leaders and volunteers on Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. or Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Call in to connect with a community of support and encouragement. Together, we’ll share how we’re trying to be in ministry with students in our churches and think about how we can help one another.
Events in April at the Pinelands Center
Events in April at the Pinelands Center are cancelled (Holy Week Retreat, Confirmation Retreat, Earth Day Volunteer Day).