Our Mission of Hope
COVID-19 is an affliction, an affliction that requires perseverance. Perseverance fuels innovation, which produces resiliency and progress. Progress produces hope and together, with that hope, we will spread the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Funding decisions will be based upon how well each prospective grantee can demonstrate an ability to do the following.
- Further GNJ’s goal to spread the good news of Jesus Christ while flattening COVID-19 and ensuring there are zero infections because of Untied Methodist activity.
- Align with the funding priorities identified in the guidelines below.
- Meet immediate needs that resulted from the COVID-19
- Use the funds efficiently and collaboratively to meet community needs and accomplish the proposed activities.
Specific Funding Categories
- Food security and utility help for people in the community.
- Supplemental salary to maintain full time appointment status to serve the congregation and the people in the community.
- Assistance for churches that applied for PPP and were not successful, particularly in urban areas that were most impacted by COVID-19.
- Emergency grants for a congregation’s utility and other bills
GNJ is committed to is committed to funding the most congregations and ministry it can and those meeting the greatest need caused by COVID-19.
- This grant is designed to serve as bridge funding for your organization during a 30- to 60-day period. Please ensure that your grant request is in line with your needs over that time period.
- The present total amount available for grants is $2,060,000. Through fund raising we plan to add to this total.
- Applications must be submitted online and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You may access an application here.
- Recipients of awards will be required to submit a Grant Report Form that includes a complete description of how the money was spent by December 31, 2020. If the funds are spent prior to Novemeber 30, 2020, the report must be submitted within 30 days of spending the fund.