Step 1: Understand the Needs in Your Ministry and Community
The first step to church planting is understanding the needs in your communities, the assets you already have to launch and the assets you need.
Start by answering these questions:
- Why start a new church?
- Describe the new ministry’s target demographic
- Describe the church you desire to plant
- What kind of budget do you expect is needed to launch the church?
- What do you need to succeed?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your growing edges?
When you have clarity on the direction submit your answers here and we’ll reach out to start the conversation. This lets us know your plans so that we can connect you with relevant resources and check in with you to help.
Step 2: Consider Your Resources
The second step to church panting is development.
- Develop a plan of action.
- Develop the team who will carry out this ministry
- Develop yourself.
In the development stage, church planters should join the Multiplication Cohort, a group of clergy members ready to innovate and launch new faith communities. Click here for more info.
The development stage is also the place to consider resources. We’ve created a checklist for you to use to make sure you cover all bases in your development.
- Checklist coming soon.
- Grant information coming soon.
Step : Launc
Ready, Set, Launch
- Secure funding through GNJ grants or other sources
- Identify core launch team and secondary sutaining team
- Establish VitalSigns dashboard
- Plan soft-launch events
- Make initial purchases