Instructions for Submitting Reports and Recommendations (Legislation) to the 2017 Greater NJ Annual Conference
Report and Recommendation (Legislation) Submissions
- Submit reports and recommendations via email to Cari Cruz at email@example.com, Regional Services Manager. Documents can be sent as a Word file in an attachment or included in the body of the email. PDF files will not be accepted.
- Include the name and contact information (phone and email) of the person submitting the material and the person who will present the report or recommendation at the bottom of the final page of the report or recommendation.
Recommendation (Legislation) Format
- Indicate at the top of the first page of the recommendation whether or not the recommendation has a financial impact on the Conference budget. Recommendations with financial implications will be given to the Conference Council on Finance and Administration for review prior to the Annual Conference (Rule 8-71).
- Title the recommendation.
- Formulate the recommendation using one of the prescribed styles: “WHEREAS …” or “RESOLVED, that …” or “BE IT RESOLVED, that …”
- Include a rationale under the heading of “RATIONALE” with the recommendation which include the argument for the recommendation.
- Use bold text for proposed additions to the Rules of Order and strike through for proposed deletions.
Submit reports and recommendations to Cari Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org Regional Services Manager.
Deadline is Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
Reports and recommendations received after February 15, 2017 will not be published in the pre-conference journal, nor will they be addressed at the 2017 Annual Conference without special permission from the Bishop.